JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate combustible cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Defense Markets Business Associate - West is responsible for managing and growing relationships with our Military Store (Exchange) partners focusing on military bases in the western U.S. as well as overseas. The role will engage store staff, distribution partners, sales reps and others to provide valuable insights about the industry, category, consumer trends and JLI leading innovative products. Our professionals educate retailers and distributors and connect with adult tobacco consumers in a "1 on 1" manner with the purpose of gaining trial and transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL as well as drive retailer and influencer engagement and advocacy. The Business Associate will consistently exceed expectations in knowledge and attentiveness to customer business needs and growth requirements in the category. Proficiency with sales technologies (including CRM, marketing and inventory software and EDI systems) is necessary for success in this role. Additionally, the Associate will interact with the military and veteran community through Service Organization events and participation in military, veteran and first responder support initiatives.
We’re looking for employees who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability and want an opportunity to make a difference in the military-veteran space while gaining valuable sales experience. Applicants should have a military background and thrive in an innovative, dynamic and data driven environment with the energy, intellect and desire to successfully and positively execute these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities and want to succeed and grow in a fast moving and exciting company, we want to give you an opportunity to begin an exciting career with JUUL Labs, Incorporated.
* Please note you are applying for a role within Defense Markets. Travel will be required primarily throughout western United States, as well as Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Japan and Korea.
- Call on established accounts, prospect additional Military Exchanges and improve military exchange satisfaction and advocacy.
- Plan, organize, and execute sales strategies and plans.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing to increase awareness and positioning at Retail.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regional Office / Team and other teams nationally.
- Proficient and or adept at using today’s sales technologies and software, (SalesForce experience desired, not required), to analyze and act upon opportunities and customer data.
- Executing local, regional and national Trade Marketing and branding initiatives into existing and prospective accounts.
- Engage and interact with the military and veteran community.
- Engage Veteran, Military and First Responder Service Organizations.
- Building trusted advisor relationships with store managers and distribution partner’s sales teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry, retail strategies and sales tactics.
- Engaging in product trainings, demos, consumer awareness, branding and acquisition initiatives.
- Enthusiastically promoting the marketing message and product mix through direct discussions with retailers using data and analytical proficiency.
- Consistently representing yourself and applying JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions. It is expected that Territory Sales Managers will become not only a passionate product and industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
- Attend trade shows and events to market product.
- Attend retailer and distributor product and sales training events.
- Communicate plans to leadership. Be able to develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results.
- Assess both successes and failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Focus on execution to make things happen and get the job done.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 12 years prior (or current Reserve) military service (retired military or active Guard/Reserve preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in logistics, supply, consumer packaged goods, spirits, tobacco and/or consumer electronics desired but not required
- Willingness to operate out of your comfort zone in a new industry
- Proficiency and aptitude of basic computer skills (CRM (SalesForce desired, not required).
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn new sales technology and data analytics.
- Great communicator using technology (powerpoint, excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Able to make data driven decisions
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative and be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Passion to remain engaged with helping our military, veterans and first responders
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity, performance and referral bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: West region (CA preferred) based on assigned Territory with 50% travel.
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.