JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs seeks a Project Manager for Scientific Affairs Special Projects Group to support a rapidly scaling global scientific and clinical research organization. As a member of the Global Scientific Affairs Team, you will work closely with subject matter experts and operational leaders to plan and coordinate all operational aspects (timeline, tasks, budget reforecasts, prioritization) for key projects/programs as assigned, assuring optimal execution and deliverables. You will be accountable for project management, facilitation, and general operational management for day-to-day activities for large, cross-functional efforts, and high-priority strategic initiatives in alignment with the regulatory and business strategy of JUUL Labs.
The successful candidate is a strong team player who thrives on accountability, has a passion for supporting the drive of flawless execution, and expects the same from others.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Teams: Function as a liaison between functional areas in order to facilitate project planning and project delivery. Lead functional team meetings and monitors the conduct of the project (tracks status, maintains study level tracking systems, oversees forecasts, progress, and mitigation plans) to ensure all study operational aspects are on track to maintain pipeline timelines in line with department and company goals. Utilizes scientific knowledge to review and approve study plans, offer solutions or adjustments to study plans for benefit of outcome. Manage and mentor indirect and direct reports.
- Planning and Tracking: Utilizes project management techniques to identify, develop and maintain planning tools, in support of the assigned functional areas/programs in order to facilitate standardization, planning and coordination across disciplines and programs. Fosters clear communication and strong working relationships with department leaders, line managers and individuals within each functional group.
- Collaboration: Leads and coordinates joint meetings, generates tools and communications in order to optimize the collaborative environment. Assists in development and writing of study protocols, reports, posters, abstracts, publications or other scientific writing. Supports development of any training materials when relevant.
- Information: Creates and maintains project files to reflect up-to-date timing of projects and reports status and readout to Senior Leadership as necessary.
- Communication: Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication within or across departments or functional areas.
- Problem Solving: Identifies opportunities and creates tools and mechanisms for monitoring progress and problem solving within the function or department. Leads defining and document working / best practices that can be used across other projects. Provide strategic direction in assessment of relevant new technologies and procedures and provide recommendation to senior executives for improvement and development of department.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and concepts as they apply to the drug development / pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of experimental/assay development and design, current literature in the field of ENDs research, and specifics of clinical study design and execution.
- Core competencies: Action oriented and organized. Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizes accordingly with effective time management skills (both project and self).
- Core values: Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to seek-out new opportunities self-driven; to add value, implement change, and work collaboratively. Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character. Superior judgement on maintaining confidential information at all times and interacting with senior leadership.
- Proficiency with relevant software: JIRA, Propel, GraphPad, Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, in addition to general knowledge of shared work environments.
- Exposure and understanding of drug development process and/or medical device development, including knowledge of, familiarity with, international human research standards (e.g. GCP/ICH), health authorities (e.g. FDA), and regulatory standards (e.g. ISO 13485, TPD, etc.).
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Scientific field with 3+ years of relevant project management or scientific lab bench
- ICH GCP and/or PCP Certifications a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.