Toxicologist – Product Integrity
at JUUL Labs
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, passionate and experienced consumer product material safety Toxicologist to support JUUL current and new products and harm reduction platforms.
The position will report to the Director, Product Integrity and Toxicology at JUUL Labs. The incumbent will be required to provide consumer product and manufacturing process safety and health stewardship support for current and potentially new product platforms.
The individual will be required to interact cross-functionally and across regulatory, scientific affairs, quality, engineering departments and contract manufacturing organizations. This incumbent requires to understand the underlying science behind product material/ingredient related biology, toxicology and ultimately health effects.
- Support product integrity functions across products, materials, ingredients, technologies, manufacturing processes, etc. for JUUL.
- Lead/participate on cross-functional teams, providing materials safety/toxicology support across JUUL.
- Monitor and address complex chemical, toxicological and biological issues related to the ingredients and materials used in making products.
- Provide the company with periodic reviews, opinions or recommendations related to toxicological data regarding the safe use of product components.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of materials supporting regulatory submissions.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- M.S. or PhD in Toxicology, Material Science or related discipline, with 0-2 years of experience for candidates with PhD and 4-6 years of experience with candidates with M.S. (academic or industry)
- Training and understanding relevant to conduct toxicological material evaluation of consumer products (e.g., tobacco, cosmetics, household products), medical devices, pharmaceuticals, or chemicals.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations and policies associated with US and EU.
- Excellent project management and team work skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skill.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities