JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director, Copywriting establishes the conceptual and stylistic direction for JUUL. The Director, Copywriting will direct staff and orchestrate their work, as well as the work of internal design partners, external resources, and anyone else who is involved in the development of the JUUL brand. The Director, Copywriting has creative authority over the tone of voice of the JUUL brand and its products across all brand touchpoints.
The ideal candidate will be able to connect with and inspire the writing and design team in a way that keeps standards and morale high. A powerful communicator the Director will lead the development of projects, presentations and creative execution with a distinct style and thoughtful point of view.
In this role, you will:
- Manage, grow, and mentor an internal copywriting team.
- Work with external contract designers and copywriters.
- Foster a creative environment that is conducive to creative development.
- Lead the development and execution of copy for JUUL marketing in print and electronic formats.
- Collaborate with internal clients, including marketing team members, lawyers, business services employees, and designers around the world.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of projects within budget and on brand.
- Provide ongoing feedback and guidance for writers and designers.
- Oversee and make presentations of concepts with internal partners.
- Protect the integrity of the brand across all channels and conduct periodic training on the brand guidelines for team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least ten (10)+ years at a design firm, agency, or in-house design department.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Must be team player/leader
- Restricted industry work a plus
- Passion for grammar, punctuation, spelling and nuance of language
- Strong brand writing vision and execution
- Proven brand skills
- Flexible and creative problem solver
- Professional maturity and accountability
- Be able to supervise multiple people and multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent client management and negotiating skills.
- Understanding of current production methods, both print and electronic. Online digital experience is a must.
- Mastery of software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
- Ability to work in an Apple environment.
- BFA in Creative Writing/Advertising
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- This position is to be based in San Francisco
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.