JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager and work closely with the Director of Accounting. This role will support the current accounting team to timely and accurately perform various tasks needed for the monthly close. This position will also be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with GAAP. The ideal candidate will have a forward-thinking approach to efficient accounting processes.
● Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
● Prepare month-end close journal entries including cash, amortization, prepaid expenses and accruals.
● Perform monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and maintain schedules.
● Maintain company accounting procedures and processes
● Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
● Maintain account balances and bank statements
● Ensure compliance with all internal processes
● Ensure SOX compliance and ability to remediate non-compliance issues
● Assist in compiling and providing information to Auditors (Financial Audit, Worker’s Comp, SF Audit, etc.) during quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
● 3-5 years progressive accounting experience (Big 4 public accounting experience preferable)
● Excellent understanding of accounting principles and experience in applying principles in practice
● Proficient in Excel, Word, Gmail
● Proficiency with accounting software and ERP experience with a system implementation a plus
● Strong analytical skills, with the proven ability to analyze processes and suggest/implement continuous improvements.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changes resulting from a dynamic and growing business environment.
● Have worked in a start-up environment a plus
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field (Required)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
● A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
● People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
● Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
● Boundless snacks and drinks
● Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
● Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
● Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities