JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs has an exciting opportunity to join a talented team of individuals who are working together to create the next generation of hardware-connected apps. As an ideal candidate, you will be a self-motivated engineer who can tackle interesting challenges head-on, including establishing core architecture and developing frameworks. Along with implementing new features and ensuring high quality binary releases, you enjoy the camaraderie and collaborative nature of a fast growing startup.
This is a unique opportunity to:
- Use the latest Android technologies, such as:
- Android JetPack
- Grow as a developer via company support for coding bootcamps, conferences, and other continuing education
- Google I/O
- Android Dev Summit
- Give back to the Android community through team open source initiatives, such as https://github.com/JuulLabs-OSS/able
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, firmware, and cloud platforms to build end-to-end connected devices
- Participate in all phases of development, such as brainstorming new features, designs, and architecture
- Experience ample growth opportunities at the fastest growing startup
- Flexible work hours
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years software development experience on the Android platform
- Write clear, concise, reusable and maintainable code
- Fluent in Kotlin/Java and Android development frameworks.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, concurrency and memory management
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical problem solving and communication skills
- Experience debugging and performance tuning Android applications
- Must be a strong, self-motivated individual that can work with minimum day to day supervision and able to objectively rank and prioritize development work
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related fields or equivalent work experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise using Kotlin
- Proven Test Driven Development skills, working with frameworks such as Espresso, Mockito, etc
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services and other backend APIs
- Familiarity with Android Bluetooth Low Energy communication APIs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Office in Bellevue, WA.