JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL seeks a dynamic, highly-motivated computer engineer with expert software development skills, to support our New Product Introduction and Sustaining Engineering activities. This highly technical position reports to the Tools & Validation Architect in the Engineering department at JUUL. In this hands-on, cross-functional role, the candidate will be responsible for developing the next-generation of hardware and software testing infrastructure that will enable JUUL Labs to bring our hardware products to the next level. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The position will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus reliability, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL Labs.
- Build custom test systems to support hardware, software and firmware engineering; examples include:
- Systems to automate hardware-in-the-loop testing of firmware and software builds
- Systems for facilitating automated production testing of hardware in factories
- Systems for automated data collection, analysis, and visualization for system validation and characterization
- Build custom tools to enable greater efficiency during new JUUL product development
- Develop best-practices for creating and executing tests on JUUL products
- Troubleshoot and bringup custom test-fixtures developed by our contract manufacturing partners
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent software development skills and coding standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience building automated, hardware-in-the-loop testing infrastructure and systems
- Test procedure development for embedded connected devices and platforms
- Test-fixture bringup in contract manufacturers in China
- Software Experience: fluent with shell scripting and C, expert with Python
- Understanding of serial communication protocols I2C, SPI, UART
- Experience with sensors or other ICs communicating over SPI and/or I2C
- Bonus: Experience with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Bonus: Passionate for data analysis and visualization
- Bonus: Experience developing with BLE
- BS in Computer Engineering or related technical field; Master’s degree a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.