JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Manager, Quality Supply Chain, eLiquids, will lead the team of Quality engineers/technicians to support Manufacturing, Supplier Development, New Product Development, and Quality Management Systems. Directs projects to ensure the manufacture of high-quality of product according to specifications and facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures, including Risk Management.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, regulations etc).
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Translates department goals into individual objectives.
- Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance.
- Monitors departments activities and records to ensure compliance independent action through critical decision making.
- Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects process controls and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools..
- Directs Quality personnel to support new product development by defining projects focused on new products/process development based on coordination with management, project leaders, & design engineers.
- Implements improvements to Quality Systems and tools by directing personnel to gather data on existing utilizing quality tools, identify weaknesses, and research/select new tools based on findings.
- Ensures sustaining support of Quality System and regulatory compliance by individually working quality system issues and by delegating project work for maintaining quality system capability.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the JUUL Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Leads a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guides, coaches, directs, and develops direct reports.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Process Operations, Test, Design or Product Engineering, Reliability and/or Qualification
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Quality Engineering Management
- Experience working in FDA regulated environment (pharmaceutical/medical device) required
- Project management experience with projects of small to moderate scope including schedules, scope, costs and resources
EDUCATION: BS or MS degree in Industrial, Chemical Engineering, or Applied Science
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities Baltimore,MD or Greensboro, NC.