ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will be responsible for all activities involving equipment and software Factory and Site Acceptance Testing (FAT and SAT). The successful candidate will be familiar with Acceptance Testing concepts and practices. Be able to apply judgment based in sound quality principles to plan and accomplish goals. Our team of automation, test, software and reliability engineers will rely on you to show consistency and experience in Good Manufacturing Practices and documentation techniques, have good working knowledge of CAPA systems, 21 CFR Part 820 and ISO 13485. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required and has the ability to work cross-functionally with several internal teams.
- Coordinate, manage, document and lead equipment acceptance programs
- Ensure ongoing compliance with quality management system
- Develop and execute FAT and SAT protocols for manufacturing systems, and equipment
- Write reports summarizing results and statistics for all equipment and process acceptance projects
- Route and track protocols and reports through final sign-off
- Provide input to the validation team for IQ/OQ/PQ protocols
- Apply technical expertise and knowledge of the FDAs GMP regulations), ISO 13485 and risk management (ISO 14971) throughout these activities
- Interface with suppliers, partners and contract manufacturers on a regular basis
- Ability to travel on and off-shore to manufacturing sites
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of related experience in Validation or Acceptance Testing in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry or consumer electronics industry
- Experience with high volume automation equipment is desired but not necessary
- Thorough knowledge of best practices for equipment Acceptance Testing and Equipment Validation
- Technical writing proficiency (e.g., protocols, analytical reports, DCOs, SOPs, Test Methods, procedures)
- Practical knowledge of SPC, process capability, Gage R&R, DOE, and FMEA and other quality engineering tools such as statistical data analysis, and inspection techniques.
- Solid problem analysis and decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Computer literacy with preference to Microsoft Professional Office Suite and/or Google Productivity pack
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills along with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with small, cross-functional teams
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
JULLS LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents
- FSA (flexible spending account)
- 401K Plan
- JUUL Labs observes 9 paid holidays throughout the year plus 3 floating holidays to be used at your discretion
- Three weeks of PTO each benefit year, beginning on your hire date
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, Mountain View, CA