JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
We are in search of a Senior Platform Firmware Engineer to work on our IoT connectivity platform as we connect the millions of products we ship every year. The ideal candidate has a strong background in server engineering, distributed algorithms and a passion for working on large-scale systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Developer Infrastructure, a Senior Platform Firmware Engineer will be responsible for developing the IoT platform that helps JUUL connect millions of users and billions of devices. Developer Infrastructure within JUUL develops and maintains the tools and software that the applications team use to build product. This includes in-house systems for CI, and open-source projects like Apache Mynewt, an open source embedded operating system for microcontroller class devices.
In this position, you will utilize your technical expertise to help develop the software used by other engineers within JUUL. This includes working collaboratively with internal teams, writing code, and helping define and review architecture for new products.
- Write and test high quality code across systems written in C, Go, and Python
- Work with internal stakeholders to help debug application and platform specific code
- Partner with project teams to ensure that JUUL’s infrastructure components support the necessary requirements and are reusable across projects.
- Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks and status
- Experience working in cross-functional software teams, including expertise in embedded projects.
- Expert experience in at least one of C, C++, Golang or Python
- Security and secure development experience is a plus
- Command of hardware and software integration challenges
- Some domestic and international travel required
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE TRAITS:
- Self-aware, confident, collaborative, communicator with an understanding that everything we do is for the customer/user experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities