JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this highly visible role, you will be part of a growing systems engineering group in support of NPI automation development as well as sustaining programs and ensuring our solutions are ready for extremely high volume production. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive all technical and operational issues related to Automation, equipment, processes and to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the mass production phase. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building world-class manufacturing capabilities for an exciting San Francisco Bay Area-based company.
- As a Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for multiple product lines and will work with cross-functional NPI teams, suppliers and contract manufacturers for technical readiness for each product line.
- Understand technical aspects of our product (technical roadmap, product capabilities); our supply chain (automation, sourcing, factories) synthesize feedback from manufacturing partners and drive recommendations to the Product and Engineering teams.
- Act as a technical lead engineer to coordinate the yield improvement activities with cross functional teams and suppliers, drive failure analysis, corrective action implementation plan from engineering build to end of production and apply the learning to the next generation product.
- Identity technical challenges, review the new products, new process design and specification to ensure scalability.
- Take ownership of process development and equipment designs - including requirements gathering, concepts generation and detailed design, analysis and verification testing, cross-functional reviews, and production release
- Monitor supplier and OEM’s yield performance, process critical to quality (CTQ) and take prompt actions for quality issues.
- Guide AE team to development and implementation of new technologies to enhance production quality, capacity and efficiency.
- Drive operation excellence standards across the company
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years relevant industry work experience as a hands-on individual contributor developing consumer electronics high-volume mfg automationthat entails HW/SW end-to-end solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver advance manufacturing solution for high volume manufacturing ideally within consumer, medical or food packaging industries.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Demonstrable track record of managing a cross-functional team in order to achieve new product objectives inclusive of quality, yield, and cost
- Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects.
- Must have significant experience with effectively managing all stakeholders including CMs, suppliers, and internal cross-functional teams throughout completion of multiple projects/programs.
- Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization
- Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of program
- Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity, and attention to details
- Ability to travel globally (~20%)
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong Analytical Mind
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred). Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles