JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for an experienced Battery Technician to join our Power team and help build and test new and future batteries. You will use your electrical engineering skills and your knowledge and experience in testing of rechargeable “smart” batteries for our JUUL devices. You should have an electrical engineering background, in-depth understanding of the operation of rechargeable Li-ion batteries and experience in design, testing, data analysis, design verification and validation of the latest generation smart battery packs, including individual cells, pack safety circuitry, fuel gauging and battery pack assembly and production.
- Execution of testing following detailed test procedures, preparing and documenting test results
- Running of complex test setups using high accuracy test equipment
- Troubleshooting equipment and sample issues, maintaining and solving test equipment problems as needed
- Use various types of measurement equipment to test batteries and cells
- Handling and providing sample materials with multi-functional team members
- Utilize high accuracy EE test equipment and configure and run test setups to collect trustworthy data
- Provide cutting edge battery performance expertise and advise fellow engineers
- Work with engineers and other technicians to collect, review, analyze and present test data
- Work in close cooperation with a cross-functional team of professionals
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years experience as a battery or engineering technician
- Experience in collecting reviewing and analyzing all aspects of Li-ion battery related data
- Proficiency in developing test scripts for parsing and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Developing of test procedures from requirement specifications with minimum input from design engineering
- Experience programming and working with battery cycling test equipment like Maccor and Arbin
- Solid experience with data collection, data storage, data manipulation and analysis
- Experience writing detailed and accurate test protocols
- AA in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Related experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in either of our power labs in South San Francisco or Mountain View
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles