ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer within the Operations Engineering organization you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for equipment engineering initiatives.
In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on manufacturing changes and the definition and execution of change deliverables including: development verifications and testing, specifications, drawings, procedures, planning and validation.
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives
- Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process
- Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action
- Identify and direct all contract manufacturer (CM) resources required to execute successful projects
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules and reporting of status
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers, product development and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and contract manufacturers
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of combined experience in manufacturing, equipment changes, process changes and product line extension changes.
- Experience with scaling to high-volume device Manufacturing /Automation (medical, pharma, consumer electronics or food/beverage industry).
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Experience interfacing with Quality, Regulatory, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Product Development and NPI groups
- BS degree in Science or Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Boundless snacks and drinks.
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Location: This will be based St Croix, WI
- Travel: 25-30%%
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, bay area, St Croix, Hudson, W