JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Director, Process Development
In this highly visible role, you will manage and grow a strong process engineering team in support of JUUL Equipment development initiatives as well as sustaining programs and ensuring our solutions are ready for extremely high-volume production. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive all technical and operational issues related to Automation, equipment and processes to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the mass production phase. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building world-class manufacturing capabilities for an exciting San Francisco Bay Area-based company.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing the execution of Technology Transfer and New Equipment Introduction (NPI) projects between OE-CM-Sustaining Ops for a clean handoff
- Create system-level Theory of Operations documents touching on mechanical, electrical, controls, and software
- Responsible for all aspects of product transfer from the process establishment stage to commercial Good manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) production. Responsible for ensuring mutually agreed project objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing data, design additional experiments, and write reports. This position will ensure a cohesive, integrated manufacturing environment and ensure that the transfer of technology is thorough and well coordinated.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of training materials to ensure that the operational, scientific, and analytical training of all employees involved with new processes/CM
- Responsible for liaison with the Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Project Management, Facilities, and other GMP Quality Control units. This position leads technology transfer by collaborating with clients and internal departments on establishing new robust and cost efficient manufacturing needed for commercial manufacturing.
- Responsible for providing status updates for all tech transfer activities and develops schedules and milestones with MFG Ops group, Sustaining Ops, and Site leadership.
- Ensures issues are resolved to meet project goals including OEE and other deliverables.
- Provide technical data or impact assessments for Deviations, CAPAs,
- Participate in HW and SW design reviews and provide valuable and significant insights
- Develop an integrated Process Engineering plan to develop equipment understanding and compatibility for current and future manufacturing processes.
- Manage XCO process for all Equipment Engineering. Work closely with the development team to drive change management from the pilot system to MP article.
- Collaborate with functional SMEs to define pre-validation / validation strategy including process, cleaning, and other supportive studies.
- Work closely with Sustaining and Install team to provide Automation engineering leadership and technical support.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 15+ Years of experience Managing Capex/ Automation for High Volume manufacturing
- 15+ years working in hardware new product development involving electrical and mechanical assemblies and mechanisms, controls systems, and automation/robotics
- Proven track record of growing and managing a world wide Automation Application Engineering team. 5+ years for Sr. Manager or Director level experience
- Lead a team, consisting of direct and/or matrixed reports
- Role for member of the Application Engineering team:
- The successful candidate must be able to handle ambiguity in problem definition, and have strong engineering and business values
- Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization
- Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of program
- Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity, and attention to details
- Experience working with engineering teams to deliver automation solution for high volume manufacturing a plus
- Ability to travel globally (~30%)
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong Analytical Mind
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred). Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles