JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Workplace and Laboratory Expansion Project Manager will be responsible for all facets of workplace and laboratory design, development, construction, and implementation on assigned projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Represent JUUL’s interest on multiple expansion and refresh projects to external Designers, Engineers, Contractors, and Vendors.
- Oversight of vendor engagement for workplace and laboratory expansion projects
- Understand, document, and track laboratory users equipment, functions, and needs to provide highly functionable new and revised laboratory space
- Work closely with the JUUL Environmental Health and Safety Group to ensure all locations are built to allow for safe and compliant facility
- Participate in the selection of Designers, Engineers, General Contractors, and specialized subcontractors
- Ensure the implementation of the JUUL brand standards in all new spaces, ensuring that all offices have consistent and seamless operating abilities for workspace and laboratories
- Prepare budgeting and pricing outlines to be presented to leadership
- Provide oversight of the review and approval of construction draw submittals and invoices
- Develop and update project schedules; provide project schedule updates
- Oversight of the process for space turnover to the Workplace Operations team
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years in a construction related field including budgeting, planning, timeline management, implementation and all elements of execution
- Experience managing Laboratory buildouts and retrofits.
- Experience managing multiple projects of scope and scale simultaneously
- Experience managing direct reports and 3rd parties
- Proven history negotiating and managing contracts for facility expansion (contractors, sub-vendors, landlords, permit offices, site management, etc.)
- Experience in highly regulated industries a plus
- An experienced problem solver, finding clever solutions to facilities challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude about all things and show a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Experience building a site-by-site expansion budgets and managing within them
- Space planning management and utilization optimization in a fast moving organization
- BA/BS Degree required
- Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in Mountain View 4 days, San Francisco 1 day a week