JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Project Management, JUUL is looking for an Engineering Project Manager (EPM), Reliability to support the design and development of JUUL products.
EPMs at JUUL are responsible for communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, validation/FA/CA and project status in the development of new products. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues. EPMs must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled hardware, software, mechanical design and industrial design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. The Reliability EPM provides key support to the Reliability Team, including reliability and durability testing, failure and material analysis, regulatory testing of hardware, and beta testing. The EPM should have a good understanding of development and manufacturing processes - from part design to reliability testing, circuit board manufacturing, and production line bring-up.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The EPM will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus regulatory, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL.
- Provide planning, scheduling, progress tracking, and reporting support for Reliability Team activities
- Reliability Test processes, e.g., Drop Testing, Vibration, Thermal and Humidity Testing, UV, Salt Spray, Mechanical Cycle Life, etc.
- Root Cause Failure Analysis, Analytical Imaging and Measurement
- Beta Hardware Testing
- Hardware Regulatory Compliance Testing and Analysis
- Coordinate with the rest of the Product Development team such as Mechanical, Electrical, and Firmware Engineering
- Coordinate with Supply Chain and Manufacturing Teams
- Help manage outside test services in cooperation with engineers
- Follow JUUL Labs’ design control and documentation procedures (PLM experience helpful)
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years in product development
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Familiar with Reliability Test, Failure Analysis, and Beta Testing; familiarity with Hardware Regulatory Compliance is a plus
- Experience managing resource and personnel schedules for tasks and projects
- Cross-functional communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various states of planning and execution
- Documentation and presentation skills are essential
- Familiarity with battery-powered portable consumer electronic products highly desirable
- Familiarity with electronic contract manufacturing processes and practices is a plus
- Experience working with offshore manufacturers and labs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- International travel is required (approximately 20%)
- BS in a technical field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities