ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the test process, including data collection, post-data analysis, reporting, and root cause identification and resolution. She/he must have the ability to plan and execute projects based on pre-determined plan at a high-performance level. The role requires a clear understanding of statistical method and tool in order to optimize tester performance. Based on the analysis, the individual will define and implement electrical or mechanical test solutions in a high-volume manufacturing environment at our contract manufacturers or up-stream component suppliers. Working with cross-functional teams across multiple regions is required and clear verbal and written communication is a must to be successful in this role.
- Perform daily sustaining activities for JUUL products including device or pod at PCBA and FATP level.
- Design, develop, document and maintain manufacturing test equipment, fixtures, programs and procedures at contract manufacturers.
- Co-develop test strategy with Test Engineering and Product Development teams to optimize production yield and efficiency.
- Identify root cause and provide strategic solution based on production needs.
- Manage equipment suppliers to develop test hardware and ensure performance and quality are met per design requirements.
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage production line bring-up including hardware, software and test stations.
- Implement best practices for manufacturing procedures including standardizing assembly/test process, troubleshooting procedure and kaizen.
- Drive product and process improvement, pre and post ramp, using a documented change control methodology and rigorous validation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 8-10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years of experience in high volume consumer electronics design validation and production line test methodology design, implementation and production sustaining
- Experience with electrical test such as analog, digital, power and sensor. RF is a plus.
- Deep understanding of GR&R, CpK, correlation and other process control related statistics
- Expert troubleshooting abilities in the areas of test SW, HW and equipment.
- Strong experience in programming and scripting e.g. Python, C++, LabVIEW, etc
- Knowledgeable in data analysis using tools such as Python, LabVIEW & Minitab
- Experience in many of the following methodologies: DFM, FMEA, SPC, DOE, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, quality and Statistical Process Control.
- Excellent project management skills with strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in NPI process, HW/SW design, board fabrication, tooling, assembly, automation and material selection for consumer product.
- Ability to make decision based on statistical data analysis in a collaborative environment.
- Hands-on experience with equipment such as DMM, Oscilloscope, function generator and serial communication tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, Suzhou, China