JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in drug development, pharma and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission to reduce the harm caused by tobacco. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an analytical chemist to contribute to preclinical initiatives. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and an effective individual contributor, working to improve and develop analytical methods on state-of-the-art instruments. You will be working hands-on in the lab, developing novel methods, and conducting experiments to chemically characterize products. You are a flexible, growth oretiated out of the box thinker, team oriented, a good communicator, and have significant practical experience developing and using mass spectrometry.
- Develop and validate new analytical methods for aerosols characterization/profiling
- Troubleshoot chemical methods and instruments
- Communicate regularly with colleagues, including Regulatory, Quality, R&D, and Medical & Clinical Affairs
- Work with Sr scientists to perform research projects
- Demonstrate expertise and skill at evaluating analytical data to assure proper established requirements are applied to comply with regulatory requirements
- Stay current on literature in the field
- Write and present reports and test results
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS, BA or MA chemistry, physical chemistry, environmental sciences or a related field
- 5+ years of experience using mass spectrometry for applied research or sample analysis, including method development. Experience with Orbitrap or tenant MS is a plus.
- Experience in aerosol characterization preferred
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including: experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment, and data interpretation
- Strong background in data analysis, including statistics and spectral interpre
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles