JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, battery experts, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Battery Supplier Quality Engineer reports to the Director of Power and Electrical Engineering and works across the JUUL organization and closely with battery vendors and suppliers to help define and execute the highest levels of quality technical and process excellence, meet all quality requirements for new products, and assure sustaining quality of existing products. This person will play a key role in establishing best in class quality systems at our battery vendors and contract manufacturers and meet all related quality standards. They will interface closely with battery vendors, design engineering, battery TPM, manufacturing, supply chain and program management within JUUL.
- Interface directly with battery vendors and contract manufacturers to establish and sustain the highest levels of safety and quality standards
- Lead the efforts to manage and improve vendor’s quality systems, documentation and manufacturing processes and implement best production practices and tools
- Provide quality updates and dashboards for our battery projects
- Collaborate with engineering and research teams on their initiatives and lead progress, actions, and checkpoint reviews
- Oversee and drive all quality systems at our battery vendors and manage ongoing improvements
- Work with battery vendors to assess historical performance to improve future performance
- Apply change, risk and resource management to tasks and groups
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years program or related supplier quality experience in consumer or other high production volume products
- BS in Mechanical engineering or related engineering degree
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking, verbal and writing communication skills
- Experience in all aspects of vendor quality systems performance evaluation and continuous improvement including quality process, IQC, OQC, FA, MIL and yield management, production quality monitoring and trends analysis
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people, opinions and backgrounds to produce excellent results
- Will listen, learn, and prove or disprove assumptions with data
- Can-do attitude who will roll up sleeves and do what needs doing
- Be an excellent collaborator across teams, functions, organizational boundaries inside and outside of JUUL
- Assertive style that drives excellence in supplier quality management
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. This role will be in our San Francisco or Mountain View office
Batteries, Vapor, JUUL, Vendor Quality Management, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, eCommerce, B2C