JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Mobile Applications EPM is responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, and project status in the development of new software and firmware. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues. EPMs must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled software and product design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and the quality of the product. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the beta builds and production launch for both mobile and firmware releases. EPMs also need to have a strong understanding of software and firmware development processes - from product requirements to functional requirements to software release.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential, as is experience with Scrum and Agile processes, preferably integrated with Jira.
- Maintain frequent communication within the Engineering, Quality and Product Management teams
- Create and maintain project schedules (3-6+ projects at any time), while managing the overall Program Schedule
- Demonstrate cross-functional organization, communication, and management between multiple engineering and non-engineering teams
- Lead meetings documenting action items and progress, and delegating work as needed
- Report and present to executives on project status and schedules
- Manage ticket creation and timeline schedules
- Sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Be the bridge between the E-Com backend and Mobile and Firmware teams
Skills and Experience Required
- 10-12+ years in software project management
- Previous coding experience a plus
- Experience in Scrum and Agile, familiarity with other SDLC processes
- Jira or related task management software
- Strong track record of shipping quality products on time, with regular cadence
- Experience managing mobile engineering teams (Android &/or iOS)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in a startup or high growth environment
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles