ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
We seek a highly motivated Site Technical Manager to be part of our growing Manufacturing Operations Engineering & Sustaining group. This person will be responsible for managing daily sustaining engineering operations at one or more of our partner contract manufacturing sites.
- Manage the execution of high volume manufacturing at our Contract Manufacturing sites for potentially multiple of our products/processes: device, e-liquid pod assembly, fill & packaging sites.
- Leverage the CMs to sustain the sites to ensure quality, availability, and output achieve daily targets
- Co-own and drive sites key engineering metrics (yield, availability, overall OEE, etc.)
- Oversites day to day engineering and sustaining activities at the CM site and align with cross functional groups on tactical and strategic activities
- Review site quality and yield metrics with the local JUUL and Contract Manufacturing team to determine improvement opportunities
- Push preventative maintenance scheduling as well as spare parts readiness/management across the site
- Drive CM accountability to ensure timely escalation and issue correction
- Drive the investigation of product, component, and/or material issues or supply constraints and assist with troubleshooting remotely and/or on-site at the manufacturing facilities
- Provide excursion support to the CM site and coordinate equipment suppliers as required to support downtime issues
- Ensure site adherence to agreed upon manufacturing processes between JUUL and the contract manufacturer. Perform line walks and verification of operations.
- Spearheads Six Sigma (Problem Solving and Process Improvement) and Lean initiatives to develop project opportunities to gain rates of improvement from manufacturing lines
- 30-40% international and domestic travel is required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8-10+ years’ experience with high volume FDA regulated manufacturing and/or process development
- Excellent project management skills with strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines. The individual should be able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- The preferred candidate should have previous experience in a few of the following areas: Design Controls, Change Control and Validation within a FDA regulated industry, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Lean Manufacturing, Process Control Concepts, Design of Experiments (DOE), and design/process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Good understanding of statistical methods, six sigma methodologies, design of experiments and lean.
- Ability to make decisions and take accountability for those decisions, with limited information, in high pressure time limited situations.
- Detail orientation with a strong quality mindset. Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions, both internally and at vendors
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits