JUUL’s mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries. We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Simulation, the FEA Program Manager will be helping lead the growth of FEA utilization within the organization.
- Finding opportunities for FEA simulations that have high urgency and high impact to improve the JUUL device and or production of the JUUL device
- Working with the FEA application engineering team lead to ensure deadlines are being met
- Adjusting priorities, scope, or focus according to the dynamic environment
- Liaising with project leaders and division leaders to communicate impact and monitor pressing issues
- Working with the team lead to develop and grow an excellent FEA team with a passion for improving JUUL device designs and overcoming performance limitations
- Working with the broader team to develop the requirements and specifications that will drive our products forward
- In this consumer-centric product company, the FEA Program Manager has an opportunity to have a high level impact on its success and direction. This position requires both a visionary and manager: someone the technical team can rally around with confidence in their capabilities, accountability, support and communication. Significant management experience is ideal, and desire to manage and to improve on that skill is critical.
- Meet regularly with direct reports to review performance, identify any issues and set expectations and goals.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends investments in additional resources to improve process efficiencies and design efficiency.
- Determines resource needs, develops plans, tracks progress to those plans, resolves conflicts and delivers scheduled milestones to projects.
- Collaborates with Research & Development, Engineering, Regulatory, and Global Supply
- Mentors less experienced staff on technical issues and handling projects and responsibilities; considered a strong leader and role model for the engineering department.
- Work with senior management in the prioritization and assessment of future projects and company and department goals.
- Performs initial scoping of projects including requirement gathering, analysis needs, impact, urgency, timelines, and budget details.
- Strong program management skills required. Capable of overseeing multiple cross-functional teams in all project activities for multiple concurrent projects necessary for the successful commercial launch of new products.
- Experience with FEA tools and understanding of hyper-elastics, mold-flow, part tolerancing, and assembly analysis.
- Experience with DS-Simulia (formerly Abaqus) is an asset
- Comfortable driving multiple initiatives at a rapid pace, making thoughtful recommendations with available data.
- Active, high-energy communicator who drives a company vision/mission to align teams, critical
- resources, management, and stakeholders.
- Expertise in one (or more) of the areas of: design exploration, design optimization, manufacturing process improvement, simulation engineering, mechanical engineering, electronic product engineering.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 5+ year of experience managing engineering teams
- Some domestic and international travel required.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- San Francisco, California
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles