JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Science & Analytics team at JUUL Labs is seeking a hands-on Manager of Analytical Engineering to play a critical role in modelling our company's expansive and varied datasets within our cloud-based data platform. The role requires a technical, output-focused problem solver with a passion for turning large complex and often messy data sets into clean and structured data models.
As part of the Analytics Engineering team you will learn from highly-skilled and like-minded people, and also be assigned and closely work with a group of data scientists and data analysts who focus on solving problems of a specific business area (e.g. Product, E-Commerce, Supply Chain). This enables you to see and be part of the end-to-end analytics and data science workflows.
- Work closely with data scientists to transform ingested raw data into usable data sets
- Own the data modeling process end to end (building requirements, writing ETL scripts, cleaning, and aggregating data)
- Bring data science workflows created by our data scientists into production
- Enable data analysts to produce data visualizations by building semantic data layers within BI environments
- Help hire, people manage and lead a team of data analysts
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years experience working in data science and engineering teams as a senior level IC
- 2+ yrs experience working with large datasets (upto 1petabyte) including streaming/session data
- 1+ yr experience working with data in a real time environment
- Extensive experience building data models including identifying user requirements, writing ETL scripts, cleaning, and aggregating data, and creating dashboards and reports
- Excellent Python, SQL and R skills
- Proven experience with GCP/BigQuery, Tableau, Segment, and Mode
- Ability to execute and manage short term data requirements, while building datasets that serve long term needs of the team and organisation
- You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people
- Strong critical thinker with a passion for understanding complex issues and are comfortable working on ambiguous problems
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of New York City in SOHO