Remote because there is 75% Travel for this role
About JUUL Labs:
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving
innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger
Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s
largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and
we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best
scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and
Defines Juul Global Supply training standards and curriculum across all JUUL global manufacturing facilities so that Manufacturing processes are Best in Practice and exactly the same across all Manufacturing Sites. Audits and supports CM training programs. Assess training equipment needs and works with CM/OEM to implement. Ensures each training curriculum delivers skillsets to support our Device, Pod and Filling Operations and ramp needs. Monitors the effectiveness of the training programs ensuring they remain relevant as we grow. Collaborates with the CM training facilitators ensuring program effectiveness.
This position is a Project Management role and will be responsible for all Global Supply Chain training. This position would report to the Sr Director of Continuous Improvement.
- Define Juul Manufacturing, Technical, and Indirect Labor Training program standards according to organizational requirements.
- Determine course content according to objectives.
- Produce training schedules supporting site and line launches.
- Oversee training material development (presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. as needed
- Assess CM and OEM
- Training materials and curriculum
- Training facilitators and program administrators
- Training facilities and learning tools/systems
- Training equipment and or test lines
- Track all Training to ensure CM Training teams meet or exceed assigned goals & objectives.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal/external partners & stakeholders.
- Effectively partner with peer managers to ensure alignment on priorities, accountabilities, and objectives.
- Anticipates potential collaboration issues/opportunities across teams and collaborates with peer managers to resolve them proactively.
- Is viewed by peers as a leader who can pull team together around a common goal and represent team to senior management.
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments.
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views.
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 10-15 years of experience in complex discrete and transactional industrial operations, including experience managing external manufacturing. Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- Proven experience as technical trainer.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects.
- Experience in designing technical course content.
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses.
- Working knowledge in MS Office tools.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to travel globally up to 75%.
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous learning.
- Ability to translate operational needs into learning curriculum.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge business operations, Training systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA or Master’s degree preferred. Degree in Business Management, Operations Management or Engineering is preferred.
- Certification preferred CPTM™ CPLP® or similar.
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow in your career, we’ll help you set objectives and meet them
- Supportive team members and hiring managers
- Generous referral bonuses
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- We’ll subsidize your monthly cellphone bill
- Discounts on JUUL products/devices
- We’ll equip you with a MacBook or Dell
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents