About JUUL Labs:
James Monsees and Adam Bowen co-founded JUUL when they applied their background in product design to the challenge of finding a better alternative to smoking. They’d been smokers for many years, but they were increasingly dissatisfied with the health and social impacts of cigarettes. When they could find no attractive alternative to cigarettes, James and Adam recognized a groundbreaking opportunity to apply industrial design to the smoking industry, which had not materially evolved in over one hundred years. As smokers, they knew a viable alternative to cigarettes would have to offer nicotine satisfaction found in no other alternative on the market. It would also have to invite its own ritual. The result was JUUL.
We seek a highly motivated Senior Engineering Program Manager to be part of our growing Manufacturing Operations Engineering & Sustaining group. You will be responsible for managing and driving execution at our various Contract Manufacturing sites in the US and Worldwide, as well as collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver changes and improvements to JUUL’s product lines in mass production. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on manufacturing changes.
- Manage and drive the execution of changes and improvement projects at our Contract Manufacturing sites for potentially multiple of our products/processes: device, e-liquid pod assembly, fill & packaging.
- Fully leverage the CMs to execute to project plan, resource, and schedule
- Drive day-to-day project and program activities to meet overall objectives and deliverables
- Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules and reporting of status
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers, product development, CMs, and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to full closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
- 30-40% international and domestic travel is required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8-10+ years of combined experience in project management and engineering, delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high esthetic quality.
- Experience with scaling to high-volume device mfg/automation (medical, pharma, consumer electronics or food/beverage industry).
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity and scope changes.
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Experience interfacing with Quality, Regulatory, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Product Development and NPI groups
- Detail orientation with a strong quality mindset. Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions, both internally and at Suppliers and CMs
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
JULLS LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents
- FSA (flexible spending account)
- 401K Plan
- JUUL Labs observes 9 paid holidays throughout the year plus 3 floating holidays to be used at your discretion
- Three weeks of PTO each benefit year, beginning on your hire date
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, SF, San Francisco, San Jose, Mountain View, CA