JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Engineering Project Manager, R&D reports to the Senior Director of Advanced Technology Programs and works across the JUUL R&D organization to help define and execute process excellence, resource and budgetary requirements, timelines, and communicate progress against those timelines for JUUL R&D projects. This person will play a key role in making sure research and development efforts are successfully executed, and will interface closely with product, engineering, and program management within JUUL.
- Lead effort to create project management processes, best practices, tools, dashboards for of all research project initiatives
- Collaborate with research team on all initiatives and lead progress, actions, and checkpoint reviews
- Oversee and maintain high-level timelines for development and introduction of all JUUL research projects
- Facilitate the agreement of reasonable project-level budgets and deadlines across the organization
- Assess historical performance to improve future performance
- Apply change, risk and resource management to tasks and groups
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years program or related management experience in consumer, medical consumables, or other physical high complexity products shipped in high volume
- BS or MS in Mechanical engineering or related degrees in a technology field
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Outstanding performance evaluation skills
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people, opinions and backgrounds to produce excellent results
- Will listen, learn, and prove or disprove assumptions with data
- Can-do attitude who will roll up sleeves and do what needs doing
- Be an excellent collaborator across teams, functions, organizational boundaries inside and outside of JUUL
- Assertive style that drives excellence in our program management
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status. We comply with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and do not unlawfully discriminate against applicants with criminal convictions.