JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an experienced Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) to drive its supplier performance improvement through analytical tools. In addition, the SDE will serve as the escalation point for process and operational issues between JUUL and Suppliers.
- Drive improvement at JUUL supply base through analytical & quantitative techniques. Track supplier’s performance indicators.
- Ability to define & drive DOE in conjunction with key stakeholders to improve supplier performance
- Drive suppliers to improve performance at sub-tier suppliers as needed
- Continuously validate supplier’s ability to meet required capacity and performance.May serve as the point-of-contact during investigations and / or special projects
- Support sourcing with new supplier development and contract / pricing negotiations
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select suppliers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results
- Ensure supplier compliance to JUUL policies & local laws
Skills and Experience Required:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience working in regulated industry, Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, and/or Aerospace with culture of driving supplier improvement through Six Sigma
- Six Sigma green or black belt certified
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience in working with contract manufacturers is strongly preferred
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules while balancing short term urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of procurement and business operations, systems, organizational structure, performance metrics (KPI) and supply base.
- Ability to effectively operate with little direction in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 60%
- Minimum bachelors in technical or relevant field. Master’s preferred.
- Green Belt or Black belt Six Sigma certification