JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals. This is a full-time position located in Bogotá, Colombia.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the VP, Latin America, the Sr. Manager, Public Policy will be responsible for identifying key issues affecting company interests at Federal and State levels and helping the company formulate its positions on those issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the executive and legislative branches of Federal and State governments, as well as with public health officials.
- Identify legislative, regulatory and policy proposals impacting the marketing and selling of the company’s products; analyze the impact of those proposals on the company’s business; develop policy recommendations to address those proposals; design appropriate strategies to achieve the desired outcomes; and implement strategies through a combination of direct engagement and legislative coalition-building.
- Work closely with VP, Latin America, Public Policy to keep upper management apprised of all legislative or regulatory issues impacting the company.
- Work closely with trade groups, coalitions and advocates to advance the company’s agenda.
- Position the company as a leading solution to ending smoking and serve as a valuable resource with authorities, advocacy groups, public health advocates and appropriate business organizations that have a role in the development of policies impacting the company.
- Work with internal partners, including scientific affairs, community relations, communications and strategic finance on key issues.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, health care, technology, consumer products or government policy industry.
- Keen understanding of the political system and relevant civil society institutions in Colombia.
- Knowledge of public policy and familiarity with Federal legislative and regulatory process required.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong strategic planning abilities are essential.
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to work with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders, including public officials is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills; specifically, a proven ability to interact with legislators, their staff and regulatory agency officials.
- Existing relationships with business organizations, advocacy groups, policy makers that influence public health policy will be a plus.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated adaptability, innovative thinking, ability to deal with ambiguity and a strong sense of teamwork.
- International and regional travel required.
- High level of integrity and ethics is critical.