JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Product Marketing Manager is passionate about applying consumer insights, operational expertise and organizational knowledge to cross-functionally oversee excellent communications and go-to-market planning with marketing and product teams at headquarters, in collaboration with international teams.
- Be an expert on the consumer to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and sales tools and communications
- Manage the execution of product marketing strategies that grow JUUL’s market share, brand reputation and improve consumer experience around the world
- Manage external-facing product messaging and positioning across all materials and initiatives
- Drive go-to-market plans in collaboration with cross-functional and international teams, informed by research and consumer insights
- Manage the launch of products in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Leadership teams to execute successfully
- Implement through to performance analysis, including identifying and tracking benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Collaborate cross-functionally on project timelines with regard to broader organizational calendars
- Represent the consumer and in-market brand purpose throughout cross-functional projects
- Ensure Product Marketing initiatives and communications are consistent with strategy, including the value proposition of the products and communicating it to internal and external teams
- Develop Sales, Customer Service and Marketing tools that support the marketing of products, including creating content, assets, and tools such as sales presentations, ROI tools, pitch decks, demos, competitive briefs, and other materials
- Anticipate bottlenecks and come up with solutions to solve and eliminate before they happen
- Lead effective processes and plans cross-functionally
- Align the company around the brand’s product marketing strategies, choices, and tactics
- Measure and report performance of product marketing initiatives, gain insight and assess against goals - report back out internally
- Establish a competitive intel core competency
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years B2C marketing experience, with minimum 3 years in a product marketing leadership role at a CPG or consumables company distributed in retail channels.
- Have developed the positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas, including for new markets.
- Experience marketing to B2C e-commerce and retail channels (c-store, chains, big box, lifestyle retail, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix - experience building and leading GTM plans across a breadth of traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies (content, influencer, social, events, digital and ooh media, etc.)
- Experience with PR/external comms and internal comms is a plus
- Display drive for results and leaderships skills
- Expert at creating visually compelling, engaging presentations that distill complicated concepts into succinct stories
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to senior management
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, including experience working with and leading research
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and marketing best practices
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Excellent command of the English language
- BA or MA degree in marketing or a related field
- MBA preferred but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.