JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL, product managers understand our customers and their needs. We use that understanding to define, develop, launch, and maintain new products. Product managers at JUUL are collaborative: we work across all functions and seniority levels to formulate and execute product strategy, product definition, implementation priorities, and launch plans. Above all, we are mission-driven: we develop comprehensive strategies and relentless execution plans that are aligned with our vision of eliminating combustible cigarettes.
Emerging Markets & New Segments (EMNS) is JUUL’s shorthand for developing new solutions for smokers aren’t best served by JUUL’s current offerings. Of the world’s 1 billion smokers, many are outside the US in markets where the culture and economics of smoking prevent them from accessing JUUL products.
The EMNS Innovation PM is responsible for guiding research that informs new product development, translating insights into MRDs & PRDs and launching new products to extend the reach of JUUL’s mission. We are open for candidates to be based in either Manila, Jakarta, or Singapore (preferred):
- Support regional market and consumer research with HQ CMI and regional JUUL teams to develop actionable insights that inform JUUL and generate empathy for the local consumer
- Translate insights into new product and solution MRDs & PRDs for EMNS including support for retail, packaging, consumables, etc.
- Work collaboratively with local operations, sales, legal, regulatory, customer support and marketing to identify and resolve risks to our product development plan.
- Analyze the competitive environment – not limited to other devices but also lifestyle trends and new behaviors that could impact JUUL’s mission
- Become a trusted resource for regional teams and a champion for EMNS needs within HQ & JUUL
- 5+ years product management experience (or similar experience).
- A demonstrable history of successful consumer product launches.
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Fluent in primary research methodology (e.g., ethnography, focus groups, quant/qual) and insight development.
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills.
- Able to travel overseas for extended periods of time (7-10 days)
- 3+ years working in a hardware product management role.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conducting primary consumer research
- Experience managing small teams
- Experience working in emerging markets and with remote teams.
- MBA, management consulting experience or similar experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits, excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in our centrally located Singapore office
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C