JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate Senior Supply Chain Process Engineer, E-Liquids to serve as the recognized technical leader for e-liquid manufacturing processes and for the improvement of existing processes. Consistently seeks for and evaluates methods to improve overall customer satisfaction through improved manufacturing efficiencies. This mission critical and highly technical position reports to the VP of Advanced Sourcing.
The position works cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Quality, Regulatory, R&D, and Sensory teams. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with both peers and management in a fast-paced global environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to change.
- Serves as main point of contact for chemical manufacturing processes in regards to e-liquid quality and continuous improvement activities
- Work closely with e-liquids Supply Chain, Quality, and R&D teams to support strategic business initiatives and process improvements
- Ensures that e-liquid manufacturing processes comply with all GMP regulations in regards to process and cleaning validation
- Completes exception investigations and implements effective corrective and preventative actions to prevent recurrence
- Supports Customer or Regulatory agency audits as the subject matter expert for assigned processes
- Processes scale-up from lab through pilot scale
- Plan and execute stability studies for e-liquids
- Monitor batch results, sample preparation and data delivery
- Audit and oversight of manufacturing partners
- Support new product introductions
- Follow and develop JUUL Labs’ documentation procedures
Skills and Experience Required:
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field. Master’s degree is highly desirable
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant flavor/product development experience related to pharma, food, beverage, etc.
- Experience with a wide variety of unit operations and both batch and continuous processes
- Working knowledge of analytical chemistry and quality control process development
- Knowledge of chemistry, physics, and engineering principles
- Hands-on experience with analytical chemistry techniques and instrumentation (GC, MS, FTIR, SEM/EDS, Raman, Viscometer)
- Manufacturing experience with OTC or pharmaceutical liquids
- Previous experience with manufacturing and/or management of product manufacturing at a CMO highly recommended
- Expertise in conducting sensory and shelf life testing
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, from operations to senior management, both oral and written format
- Ability to multitask or focus on detailed problems, and tenacity to drive issues until resolved
- Willing to travel up to 30%.