JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek an experienced and strategic preclinical group leader to contribute to the realization of tobacco harm reduction through JUUL’s nicotine products.
- Manage and prepare nonclinical information to be used in strategic engagement with scientists, standards organizations, public health, and global regulators.
- Prepare the nonclinical section of the Pre-Market Tobacco Applications (PMTA).
- The incumbent will monitor the scientific and regulatory environment and strategically advise key internal stakeholders such as Product Development and Regulatory Science/Affairs.
- As needed, he/she may help develop standardized study monitoring procedures.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven record of external presentations and peer-review publications in topics related to tobacco harm reduction is desirable
- Working knowledge of preclinical safety studies of FDA-regulated products including tobacco products, standardized or fit-for-purpose design, in various forms of test materials (individual ingredients, complex mixtures; particulates, aerosols) are highly beneficial; Experienced in regulatory dossier preparation
- Experienced with various testing systems, in vitro (2D & 3D, Air-Liquid-Interface) and in vivo (inhalation and other routes; acute and long-term), as well as disease models using standard (OECD) and mechanistic endpoints are preferred
- Solid understanding on the principle of tobacco harm reduction and scientific evidence published for potential reduced-risk products (e.g., e-vapor, heat-not-burn; smokeless) is essential
- Strong contract and project management skills with CRO’s
EDUCATION: PhD in Toxicology, Pharmacology or related discipline, with a minimum of 15 years of postgraduate experience (research or industry); DABT certification is desirable
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.