JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is in need of a highly organized, highly motivated individual with outstanding interpersonal skills to serve as Director of Regulatory Intelligence and Communications.
The Director of Regulatory Intelligence & Communications is a critical leadership position that will provide comprehensive stakeholder outreach strategies that support company tobacco harm reduction initiatives. In addition, the incumbent is expected to independently build regulatory intelligence infrastructure that facilitates regulatory compliance and business objectives. The incumbent will engage and prepare other employees to clearly articulate company strategies and effectively engage directly with both key internal and external stakeholders.
- Staying abreast of changes to relevant Science and regulatory policy
- Identifying external parties to support regulatory efforts
- Working cross-functionally with external facing verticals to engage stakeholders
- Proactively outlining and communicating risk and opportunities to regulatory strategies
- Leading Internal policy development and alignment
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of Company’s business and products.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to relate and interact with a diverse group of individuals and develop rapport quickly.
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated accountability and keen ability to meet aggressive time frames.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Dynamic and disciplined thinker with intellectual horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments.
- Able to juggle and successfully prioritize competing and voluminous work streams simultaneously.
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view and ability to create an inclusive environment.
- Candid and personally secure. Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively.
- Excellent team interaction skills along with demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team and influence the decisions of a team.
- RAC certification preferred
- Advanced degree is preferred (MS/PhD/JD)
- Proven experience (at least 10 years) communicating about FDA-regulated products. Experience with modified risk tobacco products is desirable.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.