JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a CFD Simulation Engineer within the Engineering Simulation organization you will be responsible for simulation JUUL device concepts and optimizing existing designs using computational fluid dynamics tools.
In this role you will complete fluid dynamics simulations to accelerate product development and engineering design projects.
- Prepare simulation approach and scope
- Prepare meshes using Pointwise grid generation
- Setup problem in simulation software, run simulation and monitor convergence
- Post process results and prepare results tables
- Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action
- Identify and involve all resources required to execute successful simulations
- Adhere to project schedules with project manager and team lead
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 5+ years of experience in geometry cleaning, meshing, simulating, and post processing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Experience interfacing with Mechanical Engineers and Project Managers
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of Fredericton, one of the Atlantic Canada’s greatest cities