JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Post Market Quality, the Quality Engineer, Post Market will be responsible for providing engineering support in Post Market Quality, with a focus on complaint investigations, product evaluations, root cause and complaint trend analysis. They will be responsible for planning and coordinating the daily complaint engineering activities, and is accountable for managing their time efficiently and effectively to meet specific quality metrics related to complaints. Besides working with cutting-edge products and evolving technologies, they will have an impact on the success of JUUL by assisting in establishing a zero-defect culture and advocating for the execution of initiatives & projects to enhance quality performance as part of continuous improvement.
US-based Quality Engineer, Post Market will work with global cross-functional teams.
- Promote a work environment of continuous improvement that supports JUUL’s Quality Policy, Quality System and Global Regulations.
- Perform decontamination (as necessary) and testing of returned devices.
- Perform data analysis, additional testing, simulation testing driving to root cause in support of a thorough complaint investigation related to product quality and consumer safety and satisfaction.
- Will work closely with the JUUL Failure Analysis team, assisting in determining the root cause of product failures.
- Establish failure analysis techniques, processes and test methods utilizing sound systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating and resolving quality issues.
- Document detailed product failure analyses in complaint records.
- Coordinate and host regularly scheduled reviews of post-market data.
- Participate in Quality Management Reviews as needed.
- Responsible for timely and effective coordination and/or execution of assigned project activities.
- Define process improvements and implement solutions to improve the efficiency of Post-Market activities.
- Participate in Product Review Boards. Identify non-conforming trends and develop technical investigation plans.
- Track quality trends and initiate actions to resolve issues. Manage assigned corrective actions.
- Assist in the preparation of responses to customers as necessary per process.
- Support internal and 3rd party audits with Post-Market related requests.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronic products, high volume products preferred.
- Experience in developing failure analysis techniques, processes and test methods utilizing sound systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating and resolving quality issues.
- Very strong ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize numerous competing demands and problem solve decisively.
- Strong project management skills.
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- Knowledge of Bio-Hazardous Materials and related safeguards and protocols.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or higher in Reliability Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.