JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Full Stack Cloud Security Engineer for JUUL Labs has engineering and operational responsibilities in building/configuring defensive systems and responding to cyber threats and attacks. This individual is responsible for safeguarding the organization’s cloud-based computer networks, cloud-native systems, and software applications. Responsibilities include designing, engineering, and maintaining cloud-based cyber security technology and platforms, planning and executing cyber tool configuration, and activity monitoring data, hunting threats, and protecting sensitive data and systems from cyber-attacks.
This is a technical role within the Cloud Security and Cyber Assurance team, focused on identifying, designing, implementing, and operating critical technologies across the security space. These technologies include application container security, cloud configuration security, mail security, cloud intrusion detection and prevention systems, data loss protection, endpoint protection, identity and access management, mobile device management, SIEM platforms, and more.
The senior engineer will work closely with the cloud infrastructure, architecture, application development, and container orchestration teams to execute technology tasks, and partner with the Risk Management group to ensure alignment to security principles, policies, and best practices.
- Partner with the Offensive Security team on active or emerging threats
- Developing and running an IR plan for our cloud-native environments
- Threat hunting during and after events
- Security engineering, building new tools and configuring vendor solutions
- Responding to bug bounty findings
- Prepare reports of security performance, activities, and additional security-related outputs and presents to management
- Review technologies and development projects for alignment to security policies, standards, and best practices
- Support CI/CD efforts as part of DevSecOps
- Provide guidelines and solutions for cloud cryptography services, cloud-based authentication solutions, configuration management frameworks, containers, and orchestration security controls
- Develop tools and techniques to support cloud-based monitoring and threat defense
- Event log management engineering and monitoring
- Generate professional security assessment reports and bulletins for the firm
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- 4+ years of experience engineering and administering security technologies
- 1+ years of experience with using AWS, GCP, or Azure based APIs
- Experience with using data infrastructure and analysis tools such as FluentD, Logstash, Kafka, Kinesis, and Hadoop for security purposes.
- Experience handling and building a SOAR such as Demisto, Phantom, or Walkoff.
- Experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection and prevention, next-generation firewalls, WAF, RASP, and content filtering technologies
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Experience reading and understanding the impact of malicious code, mobile attacks, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate security concepts to a technical and non-technical audience including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover issues, and identify needs
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions including DLP, EDR, and file integrity monitoring
- Expertise in securing one or more public cloud solutions such as AWS and Azure
- Previous experience in working with common cloud-native authentication mechanisms (SAML, OAuth, etc.), container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, etc.), and CI/CD deployment pipeline (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform)
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong analytical mind
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, in addition to, learn and be curious
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GSEC, OSCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
- Self-starter with the ability to focus on tactical execution to get the job done
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong cross-functional partnerships
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles