JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Scientific Affairs team at JUUL Labs is looking for an analytical, self-motivated, and experienced scientist / researcher to serve as a Scientific Affairs Principle. Working as part of a cross-functional team, the Principle Scientist will lead a portfolio of content generation to support internal and external stakeholders’ scientific and data informational needs including communications, commercial operations, government affairs, regulatory, global medical and clinical affairs and in country scientific experts. S/he will be part of creating and maintaining integrity of a company-wide scientific narrative, operating as part of a team of scientific experts who are responsible for generating all scientific content, conducting expert analysis, inclusive of running the operations of information and evidence dissemination to organizational stakeholders
- Conveys scientific information in line with regional and JUUL Labs guidelines
- Vets and leverages all opportunities to convey scientific data
- Performs robust expert analysis and evidence interpretation
- Leads authorship of abstracts, posters, and peer-reviewed papers to match stakeholder needs.
- Routine & reliable production of evidence packets in collaboration with writers, pre-clinical/clinical/behavioral research and data management.
- Build and maintain integrity of JUUL’s scientific narrative.
- Work closely with global counterparts on dissemination of content
- Ensures internal stakeholders are aware of what data is planned for release/publication, and the manner and timing of release, allowing ample time for the planning of activities, meetings, material development, etc.
- Establishes scientific evidence, records, and content in living documents, and re-evaluates regularly so that functions are working from a shared blueprint
- Presents data and creates messaging with an understanding of how they will be perceived by external stakeholders
- Openly shares and discusses scientific communication strategies and tactics so they may be revised to optimize impact and agility
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent graduate degree required with a focus in tobacco cessation, toxicology, addiction medicine, public health (MPH) preferred.
- 5+ years scientific communication experience
- Track record of peer-reviewed journal authorship
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail related to consistency, grammar, syntax, and accuracy
- Experience producing high quality scientific documents
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Able to work between teams and coordinate departmental objectives to establish a cohesive narrative.
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills for the management of multiple concurrent projects and interdepartmental needs
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and experience and skill performing medical literature searches
- Successful candidate will be curious in exploring new paths for research, proactive in proposing creative solutions and ideas, and working collaboratively with multi-functional teams and partners.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.