Senior Technical Program Manager
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for driving factory readiness to mass-manufacture high quality products. Broadly, this translates into the following functions: Ensuring Design for Manufacturability: Working closely with engineering teams through the entire development cycle to ensure that not only is the design robust, but that it is manufacturable in high-volumes. Contract-Manufacturer (CM) Readiness: Work with the CapEx, Fixture (Automation / Manual) and Factory teams at every build to ensure that the fixtures needed for assembling the product and the test stations for testing them are in place and qualified; SOPs for assembling products are ready and the operators are trained. Yield management: Lead the team to triage all yield hitters and drive Failure Analysis (FA) to understand if the issues are on account of Design/Process/Part-quality and drive the responsible teams to address the issue. Communication: Synthesize information on the program (product readiness for mass-production, factory readiness, relevant, trade-offs, impact on development milestones) into concise communication for Senior Management.
- Lead cross-functional activities in the supply chain for overall operational readiness in all NPI phases leading into Mass Production.
- Take ownership of process development and equipment designs - including requirements gathering, concepts generation and detailed design, analysis and verification testing, cross-functional reviews, and production release
- Drive project technical and operational issues with material, process, fixtures, equipment etc during NPI phase to enable delivery of a mature product and manufacturing process into Mass Production.
- Identify technical challenges, review the new products, new process design and specification to ensure scalability.
- Utilize DOE’s, FMEAs and other Industry standard tools to proactively identify and address risks and optimize process parameters.
- Act as focal point of contact between JUUL and vendor. Drive the vendor to meet schedule and all deliverable and communicate gaps or risks arise.
- Technical Program Manager will be responsible for a product line and will work with cross-functional NPI teams, suppliers and contract manufacturers for technical readiness for the product line.
- Understand technical aspects of our product (technical roadmap, product capabilities); our supply chain (automation, sourcing, factories) synthesize feedback from manufacturing partners and drive recommendations to the Product and Engineering teams.
- Act as a technical lead engineer to coordinate the yield improvement activities with cross functional teams and suppliers, drive failure analysis, corrective action implementation plan from engineering build to end of production and apply the learning to the next generation product.
Personal And Professional Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of the following: high volume consumer electronics product ramp, manufacturing engineering, medical device, process development, sustaining, NPI, quality, manufacturing automation, and/or testing roles.
- Experience in many of the following methodologies: DFM, FMEA, SPC, DOE, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, quality and Process Control.
- Experience in resolving complex technical and infrastructure problems in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with data analysis and effective summary for data driven decision making.
- Excellent project management skills with strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions and take accountability for those decisions, with limited information, in high pressure time limited situations.
- Detail orientation with a strong quality mindset. Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions, both internally and at vendors
- Experience delivering New Production Introduction, manufacturing ramp up, and delivering consumer or medical device electronic products.
- Experience working with international Contract Manufacturing partners specializing in factory operations
- Ability to travel internationally, specifically to China and other parts of Asia, 20-30% travel.
- Experience working with data and statistical analysis tools like JMP and Minitab
- Experience working with productivity software like Smartsheet and MS Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred). Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles