JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are current seeking a seasoned Scientific Affairs Information Manager (IM) to support our Scientific Affairs department. The successful candidate for this role will have a proven track record of managing informational tracking and cataloging, developing information transfer processes and documentation frameworks for Scientific Affairs groups in varied industries, including Policy and SOP creation, drafting compliant standard response letters (SRPs), and developing a catalog/repository for relevant literature, studies and web content, as well be the primary owner of Scientific Affairs science website and intranet.
Overall Role Competencies
- Help map and shape a paradigm that explores potential for alternatives to cigarette smoking including mitigation and cessation.
- Demonstrate fundamental therapeutic area and product knowledge to effectively contribute and support JUUL’s Scientific Affairs strategies and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) are in place to control the dissemination of scientific information
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams, including: Regulatory, Communications, Marketing, Government Affairs, Legal, and Medical Affairs
- Contribute to the development and implementation of educational strategies and initiatives, publication planning and project management, assist in the development of scientific educational material, internal training in collaboration with team.
- Perform and complete administrative responsibilities and internal projects timely, activity reports, expense reports, etc.
- Deft understanding and application of current laws, regulations and JUUL Labs Policies, Code of Conduct, privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed
- Build systems and workstreams to regularly audit, track and catalogue all incoming and outgoing transfer of scientific information
- Manage internal data/evidence libraries, inventory, and dissemination tracking, website and intranet
- Optimize the methods of scientific content creation and dissemination
- Create, revise and update Policies and SOPs related to Scientific Affairs
- Create, revise, update and review standard response documents
- Work closely with Medical Affairs information manager to create integrated scientific and medical informational system across global functions.
- Create and maintain a repository scientific content generated across the global organization, aiding in the integrity of scientific facts and narrative
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years knowledge or information management experience is required within the related field of biotechnology, pharmaceutical, life sciences. Experience working in a new department or start-up and the requisite infrastructure is a plus.
- A commitment to operational excellence and optimization of workflows is critical
- Data management and programing skills highly desired
- Experience in website management and content development a plus
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Fortitude to integrate and implement new operating processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with potential tools or platforms used for knowledge management
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite applications
- Thorough knowledge of drug, pharmaceutical, and/or medical devices, treatment guidelines, medical practice groups, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Up to 20% travel may be required, some domestic travel may be required as well
- Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments
- A valid US Driver’s License and a good driving record are required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, a focus in a computer science field preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone and internet subsidy, transportation benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.