Manager, Strategy & Business Operations, Direct Channel
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the #1 US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments, and Tao Capital, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, and biotech—and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Commercial Programs team at JUUL is a fast-growing internal incubator of consumer-centric initiatives designed to support adult smokers make the switch away from combustible cigarettes - and maintain it. We look for extremely talented business leaders who can think strategically while passionately rolling up their sleeves and working cross-functionally to get things done.
Strategy & Business Operations sits at the core of the Commercial Programs team - the group is responsible for developing and implementing new programs to accelerate the growth of the business. One of those programs is Direct Channel, an umbrella of growth initiatives that focus on directly engaging smokers in 1:1 conversations about the benefits of switching to JUUL curated to their unique smoking experience and creating the opportunity to make the switch on the spot.
As the first hire for the Direct Channel team, the Manager will play an integral role in designing the program, launching and measuring the success of multiple pilots, and developing the strategy to scale a Direct Channel for JUUL.
An ideal candidate will have stellar professional experience across:
- Go-to-market: Experience developing and executing integrated sales and marketing plans to activate or engage consumers. Can marry creativity with data-driven consumer insights.
- Field marketing, strategic partnerships, or direct sales: Experience developing, managing, or growing field marketing, brand ambassador, or direct sales programs. Comfortable working with and directing external stakeholders (e.g., ad agency, corporate partners)
- Cross-functional project management: Track record of execution in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.To-do list master. Natural ability to bring people together. Inspires his or her partners to deliver, even without a direct reporting relationship.
- Business case development: Can communicate a clear and compelling strategic and financial rationale for his or her programs. Experience creating persuasive and polished executive-level output.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business development, sales strategy, or brand marketing
- Experience in CPG/FMCG, consumer electronics, or regulated industries a plus
- Comfort and natural ability to collaborate heavily with cross functional partners and stakeholders
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- High degree of organization, efficiency, and proven ability to manage deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced Degree a plus, but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow in your career—we are rapidly scaling, and you will have the opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility very quickly
- Supportive team members and managers
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits, and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous referral bonus program
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status.