JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Do you possess a strong dedication to quality and accuracy? Are you a self starter and a team player? At JUUL Labs, we value mission driven, ambitious leaders. In this role, you will lead help build an operational engine of scientific content. The operations of Scientific Affairs includes data analysis, content generation, fielding requests for scientific evidence and data. You will head a team responsible for designing and building internal workflows and
processes to support the analysis and generation of scientific content for a global dissemination.
In this position, you are responsible for the creation of key processes and workflows to optimize the analysis, generation and dissemination of scientific content while working closely with internal stakeholders and a global team of experts. You will be responsible for regular reporting and dashboard updates
to partners both within and outside the organization. You will also support and oversee the development of training materials and other scientific communications that support the work of the Scientific Affairs team.
This position works to:
- Increase the utility and expand the use of targeted scientific content to ensure maximum effecton the target audience
- Build operational systems and processes and drive implementation where very little current structure exists – you will be building from the ground up.
- Lead an operations and service team to partner with Finance, Legal, Medical & Clinical Affairs, and Quality/Regulatory departments
- Monitor the creation and tracking of communication to ensure timelines are met and documents are compliant
- Provide reporting, status, risk assessment, and resolution for communications projects in process
- Apply thorough knowledge of GCP/Regulatory requirements to all aspects of communication
- Support development of training materials and onboarding programs
- Attend to procedures to support sites if relevant and appropriate
- Interact directly with scientific sites with communication needs as needed
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience in a scientific/research operational role managing and leading teams
- MS preferred
- Biotech / Life Science experience preferred
- Depth of experience understanding factors necessary for effective and compliant scientific communication and knowledge transfer
- Project management skills related to scientific communication and analysis
- Ongoing project coordination on global, regional or local level
- Lead and coordinate activities with the internal team, scientific sites, and other groups as indicated
- Actively identify project challenges/risks and implement appropriate actions
- Continuous improvement mindset; effective interpersonal skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and clinical project management capabilities with demonstrated ability to problem solve and mediate complex issues
- Experience with Jira project management software and/or other ticket tracking and project workflow management tools
- Demonstrated computer skills; validated functional knowledge of Microsoft packages and ability to develop proficiency in meaningful data systems and programs
- Exposure and understanding of drug development process and/or medical device development a huge asset, including strong knowledge of international standards (GCP/ICH), health authorities (FDA/EMEA)