JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical Project Manager, Batteries reports to the Director of Power and Electrical Engineering and works across the JUUL organization and closely with battery vendors to help define and execute technical and process excellence, meet design requirements, timelines, and communicate progress for all JUUL battery related projects. This person will play a key role in making sure all battery development and production efforts are successfully executed, and will interface closely with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and program management within JUUL.
- Interface directly with battery vendors and contract manufacturers
- Lead the efforts to manage and improve manufacturing processes, implement best production practices and tools
- Provide status dashboards for our battery projects
- Collaborate with engineering and research teams on their initiatives and lead progress, actions, and checkpoint reviews
- Oversee and drive MIL closure with our vendors and manage project timelines
- Work with battery vendors to assess historical performance to improve future performance
- Apply change, risk and resource management to tasks and groups
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years program or related technical project management experience in consumer or other high production volume products
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking, verbal and writing communication skills
- Experience in vendor performance evaluation and continuous improvement
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people, opinions and backgrounds to produce excellent results
- Will listen, learn, and prove or disprove assumptions with data
- Can-do attitude who will roll up sleeves and do what needs doing
- Be an excellent collaborator across teams, functions, organizational boundaries inside and outside of JUUL
- Assertive style that drives excellence in technical program management
- BS in Mechanical engineering or related engineering degree
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. This role will be full time in China.
Batteries, Vapor, JUUL, Technical project management, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, eCommerce, B2C