JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
JUUL Labs is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Digital Engineering team. This is a senior hands-on position within the organization and is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team. An ideal candidate is a hands-on developer who has a track record of success as an individual contributor, and is keen to both mentor and push the performance of the team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Most of your time will be spent deep in the code; you should have a complete understanding of all technical aspects of your team’s vertical and continually push to improve architecture, performance, tooling, and overall customer experience.
- Be a hands-on developer with the skills and experience required to develop and deliver large pieces of functionality, setting an example for your team.
- You will work directly with your product manager and engineering lead, to help define your team’s roadmap.
- Work with a diverse team of talented and experienced engineers to develop our e-commerce platform and internal tools, at global scale.
- An ideal candidate is passionate about: product, technology; writing good, clean, maintainable code; fluid end user experiences; and building a dev-first oriented culture.
Some of the technologies we work with:
- React & Redux
- Ruby on Rails
- Lambda + Serverless
- AWS + Terraform
- Implementing and improving our payments solutions worldwide
- Own and improve the checkout experience end-to-end
- Internationalization and expansion of our e-commerce platform
- Developing and improving our best-in-class age verification systems
- Work on growth initiatives for domestic and international markets
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with our technical stack or similar technologies and a willingness to learn
- Experience building and designing APIs
- Understanding of performance and scalability
- A history of successfully shipping complex components and systems
- A commitment to continuous improvement
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science or in Natural science
- Previously experience at an E-Commerce company
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast growing company