JUUL’s mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling millions of JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries. We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to drive innovation for key R&D initiatives. He/she will be an integral part of the team, collaborating across functions to deliver technology for our future product platforms. This person should be a high energy, effective individual contributor working to meet scope and schedule needs. This position in Advanced Technologies will develop innovative technologies that can ultimately be implemented into products. They will dream new concepts, create theoretical models and circuit
simulations develop prototypes and collect and present data to proof concepts. They will think creatively to solve difficult technological problems within a cross-functional team. He/she is a flexible, out-of-the-box thinker and familiar with consumer products, electrical circuit design, system architecture, simulations, prototyping, board bring up and data collection and analysis.
- Design, build and verify technologies at system and module level
- Utilize electrical engineering principles to create and proof innovative concepts in the areas of
- power control, sensors, analog and mixed signal electronics and signal processing
- Circuit design, circuit simulations, schematic capture, PCB layout and prototype bring up
- Write embedded and high level software to support prototype hardware development and test
- Design with low level signals, signal conditioning, temperature control, and power generation.
- Cross-functional organization, communication, and management
- Reporting and presenting to management on project status and schedules
- Document designs and work closely with product development to transfer concepts into design
- Work seamlessly within a cross-functional organization. Proof concepts and present data
- PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of relevant electrical engineering experience
- Experience in research, innovative concept development and proof of concepts
- Strong analog, mixed signal and power electronics design, sensors and low power electronics
- Schematic capture, circuit simulation and PCB layout, preferably with Altium Designer
- Experience in system architecture and integration
- Design with embedded microcontrollers, Op-amps, DC-DC converters, chargers, ADC, DAC and
- Experience with data acquisition systems, testing, data collection and analysis
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products is desirable.
- Strong embedded software experience in C, C++, and/or python
- Experience with varieties of lab test equipment, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function
- generators, power supplies, high precision DMMs, data loggers, etc.
- Experience with power supplies and battery circuits highly desirable.
- Highly creative, self-motivated and technically curious
- Experience with serial communication protocols like UART, I2C, SPI, and USB
- Skilled in circuit tolerance analysis, design reviews and root cause analysis of complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow professionally
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products
- Familiarity with wireless communications like Bluetooth
- Experience with Real-time Operating System (RTOS)
- History designing electro-mechanical systems and PID controls
- Ability to multitask, focus on details and ability to drive issues to resolution
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is highly desirable.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Mountain View or San Francisco.