JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Sr. Research Associate, Preclinical, the Research Associate, Preclinical will support preclinical studies for JUUL Labs. This is a highly technical, highly cross-functional scientific position that does not include any lab work or in-lab time. The successful candidate will:
- Work with external contract research organizations to establish, validate, maintain, and execute method specific SOPs, work instructions, and protocols.
- Provide support to multiple scientific projects as needed.
- Demonstrate expertise and skill at sifting through diverse data sets to assure data integrity.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of chemical interactions and/or general knowledge of typical in vitro biological test systems and interactions.
- Understand basic scientific principles and statistical analyses.
- Communicate regularly with peers and superiors in Preclinical, Quality, Regulatory, and R&D departments.
- Draft protocols, reports, and other forms of documentation as needed.
- Periodic travel to contract organizations to ensure proper established methods are applied.
- Periodic travel to relevant scientific and regulatory conferences.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Toxicology, or related field
- 0-3 years industry experience
- Demonstrated time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skills
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentations like HPLC, GC, GC-MS, ICP-MS, IC spectroscopy.
- Knowledge of various standardization/regulatory bodies such as ISO, OECD, FDA, etc. is desired.
- Experience in managing analytical chemistry and/or toxicology study design and data management with external contract organizations.
- Experience understanding and managing diverse data sets with multiple test articles and populations.
- Experience in any scientific capacity with an emphasis on aerosol is a plus
- Experience in vaping/tobacco industry is a plus
- Note: this is NOT an in-lab position, but previous lab experience is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities