SENIOR PR & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER GERMANY
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vaping company. Headquartered in San Francisco, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries with its mission front and centre.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We are currently setting up new capabilities across EMEA, identifying markets with high volumes of adult smokers where we believe we can offer an effective alternative and further advance our mission, with a view to potential future market entry. Following our launch, in December 2018, in Germany, we’re looking to hire an experienced Senior PR & Communication Officer / Manager, docking into the German HQ offices in Hamburg.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior PR & Communications Officer / Manager will be integral to the local communications initiatives, to drive education and awareness of JUUL Labs, its mission, and its product(s), as well as the potential of the category as a harm reduction alternative to combustible cigarettes, with key media and critical external stakeholder groups in Germany.
Key tasks include:
- Educate external key stakeholders and media about JUUL Labs’ mission, product(s) and industry-leading responsible practice
- Drive fact-based coverage about JUUL in relevant medical/health publications as well as general interest, trade, business and consumer media
- Disseminate JUUL Labs-driven studies, insights and data effectively with key opinion-leaders and media
- Act as a deputy spokesperson of JUUL Labs Germany
- Liaise with EMEA Communications team, providing input, best practices etc. and driving cross-country collaboration, maximising deliverables provided by the centre
- Liaise with external PR agencies, including budget management & monitoring
- Manage, train, prepare and guide senior management involved in external media communication or public/industry events
- Work with the marketing, sales departments as well as the Government Relations division to ensure a joined-up approach to JUUL Labs positioning and reputation development
- 8-10 years of experience working in external communications/PR, ideally with an element of healthcare / regulatory environment experience
- Sharp news judgement and strong personal relationships to key journalists and external key stakeholders
- Experience in working in a matrix organization and/or with multiple internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Dynamism and ability to work in a fast-paced environment including comfort with ambiguity and ability to simplify content and messaging for media / public audiences
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and networking skills
- Experience working in an international context
- Fluent in German & English
WHY JUUL LABS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
Mission First, Do Right, Thinking Big, Lead with Data, Debate and commit, Act together, Own it, Deliver Excellence, Go!
JUUL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.