JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of Indirect Sourcing team, which reports into Global Sourcing organization this individual will manage sourcing strategies globally and partner closely with business leaders to drive strategic business priorities. This individual will also work with indirect team members in other regions to ensure alignment and implement best practices. The team is at the forefront of major company initiatives with primary responsibilities for supplier relationships throughout the supply lifecycle. Sourcing team partners with vendors in a manner that manages risk while providing the best value balancing cost, quality and service. We collaborate with our other JUUL entities to leverage global spend and leading practices.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has managed multiple indirect sourcing commodities and can quickly analyze the data and drive opportunities. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a great collaborator with demonstrated success working in a business partnering capacity. You should be dedicated, curious, creative and willing to be a true partner to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establishes and executes category strategy relative to third party vendors with the purpose of rationalizing costs and obtaining the maximum value
- Manages multiple sourcing projects in parallel, prioritizing on projects with highest ROI and ensuring timely execution based upon project timelines
- Works with both pre-established & new suppliers performing spot-buys and RFXs
- Negotiates and develops contract terms & conditions with focus on putting multiyear agreements in place with price curves
- Leads vendor risk assessments (Information Security, Business Continuity, Physical Security, Financial Solvency to name a few) with subject matter experts including coordinating efforts across all stakeholders
- Participates in global sourcing projects working with other JUUL entities to leverage the global spend
- Helping develop policies & procedures & ensuring compliance with JUUL Procurement Policies globally
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8 to 10+ years of sourcing experience, including leading RFXs, negotiating terms & conditions and conducting financial analysis
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
- Team player
- Strong technical experience with an ERP system, Ariba, Coupa
- Knowledge of sourcing strategies and processes
- Proven experience leading cross-functional strategic projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and often under tight timeframes
- Strong partnering and collaborative skills as well as strong verbal and written skills.
- Advanced level of financial analysis and reporting skills.
- Advanced skills working in MS Office suite
- Professional certification (CPSM, CPM, PMP) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities