JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Product Management Director of Connected Hardware Products is responsible for leading a team of product managers through concept generation, development, shipping and iteration of JUUL’s next generation of hardware devices. This role will work across design, engineering, marketing and sales to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers.
- Owner of the connected hardware roadmap, MRDs and PRDs: design and define features and technical specifications for new products based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends. Make feature and cost tradeoffs and manage development to cost targets.
- Product strategy: ensure that we have a comprehensive hardware product strategy for achieving JUUL’s vision and operating plan.
- Product definition, pricing, positioning, and launch: translate customer and market insights into a concrete product definition and go-to-market plan. Build executive alignment for your recommended course of action.
- Product development leader: work collaboratively with leaders in industrial design, operations, sales, legal, regulatory, customer support and marketing to identify and resolve risks to our product development plan.
- Consumer advocacy: tirelessly advocate for the customer, both inside and outside of JUUL.
- 6+ years of consumer hardware product management experience.
- History of successful consumer product launches.
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills.
- Experience building and managing a team.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Mission driven: we act in the best interest of the customer.
- Deeply curious: we seek to understand, and ask “Why?” repeatedly.
- Relentless and crystal-clear communication: we sniff out and resolve ambiguity.
- Objective and analytical: we seek data and know the difference between facts and opinions.
- Synthesis: inspiration comes from many sources. We work cross-functionally to bring out the best ideas and build the best possible plan.
- Big plans, small ego: we’re committed to our vision, our plan, and our team.
- Follow through: we do what we say we’ll do. We seek accountability for ourselves and expect it from others.
- Servant leadership: we are strong cross-functional leaders. Our colleagues give us permission to lead not because the org chart dictates it, but because we’ve earned their respect by helping them to be the best they can be.
- We get our hands dirty: plans are nothing without execution.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities