JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Are you looking for an opportunity to ensure world class HR and Legal applications operations and services to support our business, customers and partners worldwide? Are you a hands-on leader who thrives in architecting solutions for Core HR, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, Time & Absence, Compensation and Benefits as part of a global HR transformation? Do you like to build vendor relationships and optimize technology investments? If this sounds like you…Let’s connect!
We’re looking for a technology leader in San Francisco, CA to build and manage our HRIT and Legal systems team. This role is highly cross functional and will work with the business in HR, Finance, Legal, Internal Audit and IT. It requires someone who can operate as an architect (both business process and technical), and a product manager. It is a dynamic and challenging role, and highly respected on a team that relies on software\technology as it's engine. Those who are willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in to help make a long-term impact will be a strong cultural fit here. Our culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively, and take accountability for providing world class service.
The Director – Enterprise Applications - HRIS & Legal Systems is a leadership role who will prioritize and organize resources (both human and capital) and manage all staff and operations to help drive agility, innovation, automation and speed in technology road-mapping, project prioritization and implementation while ensuring the consistent, stable, and efficient operations for the management of technology solutions. This role also collaborates in strong partnership with the JUUL’s business operations teams. Gathering and analyzing internal and external customer needs is critical in developing our digital IT strategies and system requirements. This role will build a team ground up comprised of IT employee professionals and externally-sourced IT professional contractors. This person will assist with strategic planning and visioning for the IT Enterprise Applications organization, develop plans that help the HR and Legal business units and function within JUUL Technology to achieve their strategic objectives, ensure efficient implementation and execution of planned initiatives, oversee the department’s budget and personnel planning, and generally oversee all areas within the HR IT and Legal group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines a vision and roadmap for HRIS and Legal systems
- Lead a global HRIS system implementation
- Lead a global team – comprised of IT employee professionals and externally-sourced IT professional contractors
- Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence for HRIS and Legal systems using industry best practices benchmarks
- Develops strategy and provide leadership role in IT outsourcing/insourcing activities including RFPs, evaluating pricing and technology solutions offerings
- Manages all HR applications on a worldwide basis. Partner with HR, IT, Payroll, Finance and vendors in support of HR systems requirements including system upgrades (to ensure that the utilized SaaS platforms are managed and interfaces to integrated systems are maintained)
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Perform leadership role in identifying opportunities for further leveraging cloud technology and define business cases for migration where appropriate
- Understands the overall corporate and business units’ product roadmaps and identifies how the Enterprise Applications teams need to maintain, adjust or evolve to support planned direction
- Develops, manages, and controls departmental expenditures against the operating expense and capital budgets
- Stay abreast of existing and emerging IT and industry trends and relevant business developments associated with current and new technologies
- Interfaces with key partners and vendors, ensuring they understand project deliverables, meet timing and cost deadlines, and collaborate with internal project stakeholders while augmenting internal team resources
- Works to drive and implement best practices across all platforms, digital innovation, process automation, and emerging technologies that fit business requirements
- Communicates successes throughout JUUL supported by metrics and KPIs illustrating the business value of IT solutions
- Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Assess the underlying information and technology environment within the organization making recommendations regarding how to invest in and apply best practices and innovative technology while achieving long-term scalability, reducing operational costs, better supporting business processes, and driving change management within the organization.
- Evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies (e.g. RPA, AI, ML, etc.) to enhance end-user productivity and employee experience, as well as to improve the capabilities and usability of existing systems
- 10+ years of relevant experience leading global teams
- Experience managing major SaaS-based HRIS products (e.g., Workday, SuccessFactors, Jobvite, LMS, etc), with general familiarity with the future direction of these platforms and functionality likely in future releases
- Solid understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they impact HR systems
- Cloud ERP implementation experience is big plus
- A passion for developing, coaching and mentoring a team of BSAs, and mid-level managers; strong in hiring, team building and organizational development
- Develop and maintain relationships with leadership across multiple divisions
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency through the implementation of technology
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, including ability to manage multiple project resources, with extensive project planning and execution skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Possess an orientation for results and excellence, inspire confidence and demonstrate conceptual and analytical thinking, initiative and flexibility
- Management and execution skills to deliver and operate enterprise services on time, on budget and with reliable quality
- Experience managing compliance and controls for SOC/SOX, ITGC controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
OVERVIEW:JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles