Head of Medical Affairs, Korea
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Head of Medical Affairs, Korea is an integral part of our country team and is responsible, in partnership with the regional and global team, for the development of medical strategies and medical activities in country including: providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals (HCPs), key opinion leaders (KOLs), managed care key decision makers (KDMs), and to internal business partners as required. The Head of Medical Affairs, Indonesia is responsible for identifying, building, and managing relationships with KOLs, HCPs, and other external stakeholders as relevant in support of JUUL Labs objectives. You will hold scientific discussions with local health departments, key policy makers, and governmental KOLs. As part of your discussions, your responsibilities will include summarizing and presenting complicated scientific information in a concise and accurate manner. Excellent communication skills needed.
- Develop the KOL and Stakeholder engagement strategy to help shape a paradigm that explores potential for alternatives to cigarette smoking (over the full risk continuum of nicotine replacement) through scientific exchange with KOLs
- Demonstrate fundamental therapeutic area and product knowledge to effectively contribute and support JUUL’s Medical Affairs strategies and objectives.
- Appropriately engage in scientific exchange about JUUL’s products and ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information.
- Cultivate, maintain, and leverage mutually productive relationships and partnerships in the areas of medical education and clinical/scientific research with local, regional, and national KOLs, using scientific plans.
- Identify and manage relationships with KOLs as advisors, investigators, and/or speakers for JUUL activities in accordance with company policies and relevant law.
- Deliver high-impact clinical presentations to diverse audiences, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, PA’s, dietitians, social workers, policy makers, and other key external customers including governmental agencies.
- Leverage insights to support Medical Affairs activities, including advisory board meetings, medical congresses, and other activities as assigned.
- Attend relevant scientific congresses and symposia.
- Appropriately respond to unsolicited scientific and medical information requests.
- Provide scientific support, internally and externally.
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in specific therapeutic area
- Understand and support Clinical Research, including IIS projects, as appropriate.
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Regulatory, Scientific Affairs, Legal, Government Affairs etc.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of medical education strategies and initiatives, publication planning, development of medical education material, internal training, etc.
- Provide specific and time sensitive feedback to core team on program successes, challenges and opportunities.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and JUUL Labs Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Work related travel expected to be up to 70%. Travel will include overnights and may involve weekends.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Doctorate in science (Ph.D.), Medicine (MD/DO), Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician Assistant (PA)
- 5+ years clinical experience post degree preferably in the relevant specialty for which you are applying
- 5+ years relevant related Medical Affairs experience
- Must be self-motivated in working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Effective and strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to continually demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment and/or tight deadlines.
- Adept at developing relationships and building networks with KOLs, HCPs, and managed care KDMs.
- Works effectively in a team by maintaining a proactive and collaborative approach in managing situations involving both internal and external customers.
- Exercises strong personal integrity to make sound and independent judgments
- possess the ability to anticipate problems and come up with appropriate solutions in an organizational and analytical manner.
- Working knowledge of Medical Affairs and knowledge of industry practice and regulations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Office technologies.
- Individual must be able to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Individual must be able to handle frequent overnight travel
- Candidates holding current Licensure must be in good standing and not currently or previously been debarred or excluded from any country programs.
- Should be fluent in Korean and English. Knowledge of additional languages a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone and internet subsidy, transportation benefits and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.